While working with various organisations and groups in the area during NAIDOC Week, the theme ‘Healing Country’ sparked a deep reflection on how we as a corporation are seeking greater protection for our lands, our waters, our sacred sites and our cultural heritage from exploitation, desecration and destruction.
I’m proud to say Murujuga Aboriginal Corporation is leading the way in doing exactly this – healing our country. From our efforts to gain World Heritage status for Murujuga, assisting with the addition of local native plants added to the WA Herbarium, and by hosting rock art tours, we’ve not only been creating awareness but driving action.
It’s truly an exciting time to be part of Murujuga Aboriginal Corporation.
In this months newsletter, we talk about;
- Spreading the NAIDOC Week message
- Partnership leads to a world-leading approach
- Combatting graffiti at Murujuga National Park
- Increasing baby crayfish numbers
- 2021 Rock Art Field School
- World Heritage Day
- Did you spot us at FeNaCING?
- Cultural mapping of Archipelago Islands
- UNESCO 2023
- Murujuga Ranger Program
- Business & Employment Development Unit
- Murujuga Culutural Awareness
- Industry & Community News
Read the full news update here. Please keep the feedback and suggestions coming on our regular communications, we appreciate your input and the sharing of information.
Ngayintharri gumawarni ngurrangga. Thank you and stay safe.
CEO, Murujuga Aboriginal Corporation